**Be sure to like my Facebook page @ GetKateUpdates to join in on the community and get paleo recipes, fitness resources and inspiration. See you there!**
It’s so rainy outside … Is this the beginning of spring I’m seeing outside my window? I hope so. I can’t wait!
Well, today I was prepping some meals (Paleo Sweet Aromatic Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup) and I was struck with how good I’m feeling once again after getting back into my usual Paleo routine. Seriously, getting off track is SO not worth it. But then, I’m sure there are many of you who haven’t yet tried Paleo and I really want to encourage you to try it – even for 30 days. Your mind, body and eating habits will be changed forever. Promise!
So, I put together a list of my top 10 reasons to try it … What do you think? (If you’re not sure what Paleo is, click here.)
Top 10 Benefits of Eating Paleo
- Detox your body. When you eat “normal” food, you’re filling your body with confusing things it doesn’t know how to process (because it was never intended to process those bad things). Additives, irritants, phytates, artificial sweeteners, sugar overload … eating Paleo cleans everything up and resets your body to its preferred state.
- Clearer skin. I’ve never had a major problem with my skin (thank you good genes!) but I would occasionally get one or two obscenely-sized zits. I don’t now –Unless I go off-track in my eating.
- More energy. You know that feeling you get when you’ve eaten too much or too many carbs? You just want to fall into a carb-coma. Never happens when you’re eating Paleo.
- Better sleep. I sleep like a little baby every night. Seriously. It’s amazing.
- Improved digestion. I used to be completely out of whack. Now, I don’t have ANY constipation (this is funny to mention but you actually don’t even really have gas unless you eat something bad – true story.)
- Get Rid of food addiction. I eat when I’m hungry. I stop when I’m satisfied and I don’t have to fight the cravings monster. I don’t crave bad things. Daniel can eat fast food in front of me and I don’t want it.
- Free your mind.
- Better workouts. Running after eating Paleo for several months was mind-blowing I seriously felt like I could run faster and my strides were longer. My stamina and overall attitude toward working out even improved.
- Transformed body composition. This is really cool. Starting back when I did the Whole30 in August, I literally saw my body change over time to be more flattering. I had an hour-glass-ish figure before but now I have a clearly defined waist and overall body composition is very healthy looking.
- Happier. SO much happier.
With a list like that, what are you waiting for? Try eating Paleo! Chime in with your top reasons for eating Paleo if you’re already eating Paleo
OH and don’t forget to enter my Paleo giveaway … it ends tomorrow so you’re almost out of time!