It’s time to get down and dirty … It’s time for the Whole30!
Or, “Dirty 30,” which is what I’m calling this next Whole30 adventure that begins Monday. There’s a group of us getting ready to take the plunge for the first or second time and … it’s going to ROCK. I’m excited!
My first Whole30 experience was back in August and it was amazing. I want to encourage you to join me on this next challenge and this post is going to provide you with the tools you need to change your body and mind forever. Remember, if you choose to do this, it is your CHOICE. You are not being restricted. It’s not something you HAVE to do. Instead, you are choosing to treat your body well and reap amazing health benefits for your mind and body. You may even lose some pounds along the way
So … Are you ready? The choice is yours. I hope you choose to join us. It’s just 30 days.
What is the Whole30?
Read the official description here.
What can I eat?
Simply put, you can eat: veggies, meat, seafood, fruit, nuts, seeds and healthy oils. Focus on foods that are completely unprocessed or have only a few ingredients to help ensure you’re making the right choices. Have a question regarding whether an ingredient is Whole30 approved? See the full list here or check the Whole9Life forum here or do a quick Google search.
- Sugars of all kinds
- Alcohol/ Tobacco
- Carrageenan, MSG or sulfites
- White potatoes
- Check out my video on Whole30 kitchen essentials to help you with your grocery shopping.
- Here’s a shopping list you can use as a guide from Whole9Life
- You can buy Whole30 guide, “It Starts with Food,” here.
- Here’s a list of meal planning resources.
- and see what other cookbooks I recommend here.
- Like and visit my Facebook page for daily updates, ideas and inspiration
- You can sign-up to receive daily emails to guide you through your journey
Here are some Whole30 Approved breakfast and lunch/dinner ideas to get you started.
Lunch / Dinner
- Spicy Stir-Fry
- The Easiest Taco Salad You’ll Ever Make
- Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Pasta Sauce
- Almond Eggplant Rollups
I will be sharing more recipe ideas as we go along and feel free to share your favorite Whole30 approved recipes as well. Let’s DO THIS!