I made something really yummy the other day and wanted to share it with you … Basically I had 1.5 lbs of ground beef that was on its last day and I had to do something with it fast. I immediately thought meatloaf because you can just mix in the ingredients, pop it in the oven and presto! Dinner is served.
So, I pulled out my new favorite cookbook for inspiration. Then I googled Paleo ketchup and found a recipe to try (it’s the recipe I shared yesterday). The results were really delicious!! I rarely do sauces because I just feel like they’re just one more thing to make so I skip them. I may have just changed my mind about that! The ketchup was REALLY good …
Kate’s Paleo Meatloaf
(adapted from PaleOMG‘s Italian Meatloaf recipe)
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
Directions (SUPER easy)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-large glass bowl and sift them together with a fork until evenly distributed.
3. Add egg and beef and mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined (be sure to remove rings first!)
4. Pop it into a glass baking dish and bake for 35 minutes
5. While that’s baking, make this homemade ketchup.
6. After 35 minutes of baking, pull the meatloaf out and add a heaping smathering of ketchup (you can’t add too much and it’s really good when it bakes)
7. Pop it in the oven for 5 more minutes.
8. Remove from oven, add your sides and FEAST.