It’s Wednesday! This week is (thankfully) moving a tad bit slower than the last few have … I feel like I breathe a little! I started my half-marathon training this week and … let’s just say I have a long way to go. I know I can, I know I can! I think my biggest challenge is the weather. It’s so freezing cold I just want to stay inside. I’m starting out with a treadmill but have to progress to the outdoors over the next few weeks.
Speaking of the weather, I did brave the cold to go to the grocery store and I turned up some interesting finds this week … First, have you ever met this guy before?
Meet Mr. Pomelo. He’s like a grapefruit. The one I bought may not have been rip enough because it was pink on the inside and apparently should be light yellow/green … I’d never taken him to dinner before and may never again … he’s quite an uncooperative dinner guest. He’s hard to peel, has a super thick skin and tastes so much like a grapefruit, I don’t know why I wouldn’t just eat a grapefruit. Have you ever had a Pomelo? Are you a fan? Maybe mine was just out of season … ?
Onto this week’s haul. I found Larabar VALUE PACKS. Oh.My.Goodness~!! What a money-saver. It’s .30 cents less a bar. I hope my grocery stores keeps them in stock … Here’s what I picked up:
- 1 Pomelo
- 2 Apples
- 1 bag of red grapefruit
- 1 value pack of Coconut Cream Pie Larabars
- 1 value pack of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars (Disclaimer: I noticed that they have added sugar after I bought them, so I won’t re-buy but dang are they tasty! It’s like having a cookie.)
- 1 pack Baby Bella whole mushrooms
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 cans of my favorite coconut milk (Thai Kitchen, Unsweetened)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Pack of chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1 bag of carrots
- 1 box cocoa covered almonds (for Daniel)
- 2 cartons of eggs (oops I bought too many!)
- 1 bunch of bananas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 top sirloin (for Easy Pulled Beef)
- 2 packs of sweet sausage
- 1 pack of Nathans (for Daniel)
- 1 Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt Godiva bar (for me!)
That’s all she wrote!